After you have been diagnosed with Diabetes or are pre-Diabetic, understanding how to care for yourself should be your Number 1 objective. There are many factors that you will take into account as you start your journey. But living with Diabetes and keeping positive is a critical part of your new lifestyle.
Your meal planning, exercise program and logging your blood sugar levels are results that you will need to monitor frequently. Developing a good relationship with your Doctor or health care professional is also important.
Join me, as I have listed a few tips on staying motivated and positive:
- Understanding that Diabetes is for the rest of your life
- Develop skills to stay motivated – join a gym or walking group – seek advice from a dietician – plant a garden – buy a canoe – start a dog walking service
- Develop a good support group or team – with your healthcare provider – family – friends – other Diabetic support groups
- Get enough sleep – this will HELP to keep you positive and alert
- Learn how to properly set up your meals – this will help to keep your blood sugar levels from spiking and keep you thinking positive
- Maintain a good exercise program and regularly evaluate what type of exercises you are doing and make changes – JUST to make it more fun too!
- When you are sick, make sure you understand how to control your blood sugar levels
- Learn what foods to eat – plan a weekly meal plan – only buy healthy.
- Believe that you “CAN” – You CAN do this – it takes time and effort – but knowledge is power – it is UP to YOU to learn about your body to stay healthy
- Lose the following words from your every day thoughts: “I hate to” or “I don’t have time”
I hear you, but the priority for you NOW, is to be healthy! You can make other problems priority in your life and this should be at the top of the list. We all get broadsided by many challenges in our life and our health should be on that “challenge list”. It is as simple as writing down all the challenges that you face and only writing positive answers. Then you will see that all the challenges you thought were huge, are really quite manageable.
There is a solution and that is to be as healthy as you can be EVERY DAY! Hope that you will join me again for more information on your Diabetes.
No action should be taken solely on its content; regardless of the perceived scientific merit, instead readers should consult health care professionals on any matter related to their health. The information obtained from referenced materials are believed to be accurate, as presented by their respective authors, but Activa Naturals assumes no liability for any personal interpretation. Readers, previous and future customers who fail to consult their Physicians prior to the purchase and subsequent use of any product, assume the risk of any adverse effects.
Information on this site is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. Activa Naturals is providing this site and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither Activa Naturals nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.