Chaga Mushroom (Inontus Obliquus) is known for its immune health boosting properties. This mushroom is found in the Northern Hemisphere typically on mature birch trees. At first glance you may not recognize it as a mushroom species although holds the most powerful adaptogens and superfoods on Earth. Comprised of gracious amounts of polysaccharides, which are a long link of carbohydrates. These polysaccharides are a significant dietary element for our nutrition.
There is an extensive list of health benefits of chaga mushrooms this can be recognized to its immune boosting elements and amounts of antioxidants. Let’s cover the top 6 benefits of chaga mushrooms.
Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
Even though we don’t make any claims a recent studies suggest a connection between healthy blood sugar level with regular intake of chaga mushrooms. At Activa Naturals, we have a policy of no claim, hence we can only provide you a reference but no confirmation from our side.
For Your Brain Health
Research shows that chaga has a beneficial effect on cognitive functions such as learning and memory. Studies have also shown that chaga has helped lower oxidative stress in the brain.
Please feel free to educate yourself more about this study as some suggest this may be a breakthrough in future. Until this is properly established, we are just providing you the educational reference.
For Cardiovascular Health
Some experts suggest that chaga mushrooms are good for the heart health due to an intricate array of elements and complexes such as trametenolc, ergosterol, lupeol, betulinic acid and many others.
Chaga contains the super healthy antioxidant melanin, this is what gives chaga dark unique characteristic. Melanin is a class of compounds that attributes for the magnificent spectrum of different colors and pigments of our skin, hair and eyes. The high source of melanin in chaga provides DNA and gene protection aiding to nourish, hydrate and restore the skin tissue.
As you are aware of that we don’t use any educational information authoritatively unless it is approved by the FDA, we have no means to conclusively confirm anything on this.
However we can share that some studies suggest chaga may help significantly to help reduce tumor size. Some even suggest that with regular intake, chaga may assist in boosting immune activity, slowing down cancer cell progression as it may prevent the breakdown of cell walls.
Due to our policy we don’t make any claims on this and suggest readers to do their own research and educate themselves prior using Chaga mushroom in any form.
- Chaga Benefits. (n.d.). Digestion. Retrieved from Chaga Benefits: http://www.chagabenefits.com/digestion/
- Cohen, J. (2017, June 23). Top 12 Amazing Health Benefits of Chaga Mushroom (with Side Effects). Retrieved from Self Hacked: https://selfhacked.com/blog/top-health-benefits-chaga-mushroom/#4_Chaga_MushroomReduces_Inflammation
- Evolution, S. (2017). Chaga Mushroom Benefits as an Immune Enhancing Superfood. Retrieved from Superfood Evolution: www.superfoods-for-superhealth.com/chaga.html
- Seward, M. (2016, April 1). 10 Proven Benefits of Chaga. Retrieved from Healthy Focus: https://healthyfocus.org/9-proven-benefits-of-chaga/
- Sun JE1, A. Z. (2008, June 18). Antihyperglycemic and antilipidperoxidative effects of dry matter of culture broth of Inonotus obliquus in submerged culture on normal and alloxan-diabetes mice. Retrieved from publmed.com: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18434051
- Weston A. Price, D. (2012). The Healing Powers of Chaga. Journal of Health and Healing, 10-11. Retrieved from Price-Pottenger - Journal of Health and Healing: www.faim.org/sites/default/files/documents/PPNF-Journal-Chaga.pdf
Disclaimer: By using this website, you agree that all information is for educational purposes only and is the personal view of the authors; not intended as medical advice, diagnosis or prescription. This information has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to cure or prevent any disease. Please consult a medical health professional before undertaking any new health program or diet regime.