Welcome, I wanted to share some information about being a Diabetic and how important it is to get your proper sleep. Many family and friends tell me that they are frustrated, confused, and totally overwhelmed? Not being able to get enough sleep is a problem for many people. There are many challenges to face and having sleep apnea may be one of them.
There are many factors that contribute to not being able to get enough sleep:
– Stress at work or at home
– Being over tired
– Eating too late at night
– Frequent trips to the bathroom
The list goes on and I am sure you know some of the reasons why you can’t sleep. Sleep has a strong impact on your overall health. Research has proven that you will feel refreshed and have a good amount of energy if you can get at least a full 8 hours of restful sleep every night. Plus, it will help you to keep your blood sugar levels in control. It may even help you with foods cravings, in particular sugar binges, so that you can fight off the few extra pounds that you want to lose. Research has proven that in the BIG PICTURE, it does help to reduce the risk of high blood pressure and heart disease.
Also, it is important to look at the quality of sleep. If you are having a restless sleep this could add to anxiety, frustration and the feelings of being overwhelmed.
How to improve your sleep and get more than 7 hours of sleep each night:
– First, keep a sleep log and record how much sleep you get each night.
– Record every activity in the last 2 hours before you go to bed, record what you eat and how you feel each night.
NOW, you need to change all of this.
– Develop a bed time routine and follow it each night
– Avoid all electronic devices 2 hours before bed – leave cell phones in another room, do not bring the laptop, Iphone, Ipad, etc. to bed, turn off the television, internet surfing, or anything work related.
– Make sure the room is cool, dark and inviting and treat yourself to comfortable pillow, sheets and blankets
– Take a hot bath or hot shower
– Meditate, read a book that is light and refreshing, listen to some relaxing music
– Make sure to go to bed at the same time each night and get up at the same time in the morning
– Do not drink liquids before bed so that you have to get up to the bathroom
– Do not exercise at least 3 hours before going to bed
– Skip all beverages (including alcohol) that have caffeine in them after noon or avoid entirely, you will have to experiment
If you have developed a more severe case of sleep apnea, then do seek advice from your medical professional. Each person has different needs, but if you can start each day with energy and a positive drive, then the challenges that come with being a Diabetic will be easier to overcome.
Take care and stay healthy
No action should be taken solely on its content; regardless of the perceived scientific merit, instead readers should consult health care professionals on any matter related to their health. The information obtained from referenced materials are believed to be accurate, as presented by their respective authors, but Activa Naturals assumes no liability for any personal interpretation. Readers, previous and future customers who fail to consult their Physicians prior to the purchase and subsequent use of any product, assume the risk of any adverse effects.
Information on this site is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. Activa Naturals is providing this site and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither Activa Naturals nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.