Follow These Easy to Follow 5 Tips for a Healthy Prostate!
Here is the alarming fact about the prostate cancer as per the American Cancer Society:
Other than skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most common cancer in American men. The American Cancer Society’s estimates for prostate cancer in the United States for 2013 are:
- About 238,590 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed
- About 29,720 men will die of prostate cancer
About 1 man in 6 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime.
Prostate cancer occurs mainly in older men. About 6 cases in 10 are diagnosed in men aged 65 or older, and it is rare before age 40. The average age at the time of diagnosis is about 67.
Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men, behind only lung cancer. About 1 man in 36 will die of prostate cancer.
Prostate cancer can be a serious disease, but most men diagnosed with prostate cancer do not die from it. In fact, more than 2.5 million men in the United States who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point are still alive today.
Now the above data is very serious and everyone should take preventive steps to ensure that they never have to worry about prostate-related disorders.
Top 5 Tips for a Healthy Prostate Function
We are sharing here top 5 tips for a healthy prostate function which can be followed by anyone!
1. Right Food Choices for a Healthy Prostate
Right food choices are very important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle and we are sharing here some of those foods which are good choices for maintaining a healthy prostate function:
- Eat vegetables from Cruciferous family like broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower. Also eat tomatoes as it contain lycopene which appears to reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
- Pick Whole grain as your first choice as it offers high fiber, selenium, vitamin E and Phytochemicals and these ingredients help in the prevention of prostate cancer.
- Use soy products more
- Minimize saturated animal fats like red meat.
- Avoid spicy foods that irritate the urinary tract.
- Take more nuts and seeds which are rich in vitamin E.
2. Right Fluid Choices for a Healthy Prostate
- Drink plenty of water
- Take more of non-alcoholic fluids if you can’t take too much water as you need to focus on flushing your bladder.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine
3. Right Supplement Choices for a Healthy Prostate
- Selenium plays an important role in the prevention of prostate cancer. You can read more about “The Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial (SELECT), a large multicenter clinical trial“, which was initiated to examine the effects of selenium and/or vitamin E on the development of prostate cancer.
- Omega 3 may help with prostate health.
- As per the American Cancer Society, vitamin E plays an important role in the prevention of prostate cancer and you can read the full article here.
- As per National Cancer Institute, lycopene appears to help reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
4. Right Lifestyle Choices for a Healthy Prostate
- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight
- Follow active and healthy lifestyle
5. Timely Checkups for a Healthy Prostate
- Tell your doctor if anyone in the family had prostate cancer. Your risk of developing this disease goes up if your family member had it.
- Consult with your doctor to check if he recommends annual PSA blood test and digital rectal exam.
Did you notice that all of the above choices are easy to follow?
If you are looking for the prevention of prostate cancer, you should lead a healthy lifestyle…
No action should be taken solely on its content; regardless of the perceived scientific merit, instead readers should consult health care professionals on any matter related to their health. The information obtained from referenced materials are believed to be accurate, as presented by their respective authors, but Activa Naturals assumes no liability for any personal interpretation. Readers, previous and future customers who fail to consult their Physicians prior to the purchase and subsequent use of any product, assume the risk of any adverse effects.
Information on this site is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. Activa Naturals is providing this site and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither Activa Naturals nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.