Sometimes we want to eat something yummy but doesn’t have time to make dough or not in mood. Here is the solution for it. Yes, Mushroom Bread Rolls.
You don’t need to spend too much time to make these rolls. They require less time, less work. Very simple, quick, easy to make and tastes great. They are so yummy I can eat the whole batch.
These can be prepared ahead of time and you can keep them in freezer for future or keep in refrigerator for 2-3 days. Whenever needed, just take out from refrigerator and cook. If in the freezer, thaw them first before cooking.
You can make these rolls with any edible mushroom like White button, Turkey tail, Maitake, Reishi, Chaga, Lion’s Mane, Cordyceps etc. All of these mushrooms are a good source of protein, vitamins, antioxidants.
Let’s start now……
- 6 sandwich bread slices
- 8 white button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- pinch of mixed dried herbs ( oregano, basil, parsley etc.)
- oil for frying
- Cut all the sides of bread slices.
- Heat butter or oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, spinach and mushrooms. Saute. Mix salt and ground black pepper.
- When done, add boiled and mashed potatoes, mix well. Take out the mixture in a bowl.
- Cool down the mixture.
- Roll the bread slice and place some mixture in the center, roll it. Seal all the sides of bread slice and give it to a cylindrical or desired shape.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry all the rolls till golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- Instead of deep frying you can bake them in oven also. Tastes better frying.
- Really goes well with tomato ketchup.