If you are looking for healthy, tasty and plant-based protein options then mushrooms are one of the best ones.
If you roast mushrooms along with other vegetables you will find very intense and deep flavor.
Mushrooms taste good whether you saute them or roast them. All the mushrooms have health benefits. Some of my favorite mushrooms are Turkey Tail, Reishi, White button, Chaga, Lion’s Mane, Cordyceps, Maitake, Portobello.
The recipe I am going to share is full of protein and antioxidants……
- 5 cups any mushrooms, thoroughly washed, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, cut into lengthwise pieces
- 1 cup green bell pepper, cut into lengthwise pieces
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4-6 rosemary sprigs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley and chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss all the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread veggies except garlic into an oven proof baking tray. Spread rosemary sprigs onto it.
- Roast the veggies for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Add garlic slices in between. If you mix them in starting they would become black.
- When done, discard rosemary.
- Transfer to a serving dish and toss with parsley and chives.
- Serve hot.