I always try to make hearty and healthy dishes. Today I am going to make such a dish, Mushroom Brussel sprouts.
It is a perfect side dish, you may eat for lunch and dinner also along with other dishes. Even leftovers also work.
You can make it in a pan over stovetop but I am making it in the oven for more crispiness. You can try this recipe, I am sure you would love it.
Brussel sprouts are from the cabbage family, look like mini cabbages. If we talk about mushrooms, so many varieties of mushrooms are available nowadays.
Both mushrooms and Brussel sprouts have many health benefits as both are cholesterol-free, fat-free, rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants. So there are so many reasons to incorporate them especially mushrooms into your diet.
Let’s start this very easy, quick, and delicious recipe…..
- 200 grams thoroughly rinsed and sliced white button mushrooms stem removed
- 100 grams Brussel sprouts (trim the stems), cut into halves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste (a little less as we are putting salt and ground black pepper in dressing also)
- oil for spray
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the Brussel sprouts onto a baking tray in a single layer. Spray oil and sprinkle salt and ground black pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes.
3. Take out the tray and flip Brussel sprouts. Put mushrooms by the side in a single layer. Spray oil and sprinkle salt and ground black pepper onto them.
4. After 10 minutes take out the tray. Flip Brussel sprouts and mushrooms. Bake for another 5 minutes.
5. Take out from the oven and put Brussel sprouts and mushrooms into a bowl.
6. Combine all the ingredients of dressing in a small jar. Shake very well and pour over Brussel sprouts and mushrooms.
7. Toss well.
Ready to serve.