If you are wondering what does it mean by crispy, crunchy mushroom snack, let me tell you….
A crispy, crunchy mushroom is ready to eat mushrooms as snacks. You can carry them anywhere. Whenever feel hungry, just take them out and eat. Excited! You can make them anytime and just store in an airtight container.
A variety of edible mushrooms are available in the market like Chaga, White button, Cremini, Maitake, Shiitake, Cordyceps, Reishi, Lion’s mane, Portobello, Turkey tail, Oyster etc.
All are full of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, protein, nutrients; they have earthy flavor and medicinal values.
To make crunchy, crispy mushrooms you can use Shiitake/ Cremini/ Maitake. The best one is Shiitake for snacks purpose.
Why wait? Let’s start….
- 2oo grams shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Red paprika powder to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Clean the mushrooms with a damp cloth paper towel and pat them dry.
3. Stem and slice the big mushrooms.
4. In a bowl, mix olive oil, sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, red paprika powder and ground black pepper.
5. Now add mushrooms into the mixture and toss them well.
6. Place tossed mushrooms on baking tray in a single layer.
7. Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, turn around in between.
8. Remove from oven and drain on paper towel to get rid of excess oil and fluid as mushrooms release oil and fluid during cooking process.
9. Make them cool.
10. When completely cool, store them in airtight container.
- If want more crispy texture then set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a paper towel at the bottom of the container so that it may absorb any moisture otherwise mushrooms would become soggy.
- In any case, if they get soggy put them back on baking tray in oven, they would be crispy again.