Mushroom tortilla scoop chips are now one of the most favorite dishes for my family. I am sure if you make them you would love them too. This recipe is very easy to make in no time, perfect for any occasion.
O my God, look at the options of mushrooms, we can make so many delicious dishes. Tortilla scoop chips are one of them, very delicious, low in fat and calories. A way healthier alternative to deep-fried ones.
Like them mushrooms are also very delicious, fat free, calories free and cholesterol free. Moreover, they are very good for health as they have medicinal values.
Some of the really good mushrooms are Maitake, Shiitake, Cremini, Chaga, White button, Portobello, Reishi, Oyster, Cordyceps, Turkey tail, Lion’s mane etc. All are full of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, nutrients, protein.
Now it’s time to make this exciting dish…..
- 18 tortilla scoop chips
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped mushrooms, thoroughly rinsed and pat dry with paper towel
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped green/ orange/ yellow/ red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped onions
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- salsa as required
- grated mozzarella and cheddar blend cheese as required
- sour cream as required
- spring onions, only green part, cut into small pieces as required
1. In a bowl, put mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, salt and ground black pepper. Mix well.
2. In a baking tray, spread tortilla scoop chips in a single layer.
3. Spoon the above mixture into each scoop. Top with salsa.
4. Top half of the scoops with grated cheese and leave the remaining scoops without cheese.
5. Broil both type of scoops at the same time for 5-6 minutes on low setting or till cheese melts.
6. Sprinkle spring onions on top of the scoops of cheese ones.
7. Put sour cream in the other scoops and sprinkle spring onions on top.