Mushrooms and asparagus make a very good combination. These sauteed vegetables make the perfect side dish. You can make it for lunch or dinner also by adding other veggies of your choice like broccoli, bell peppers, carrots etc.
For this recipe you can take white button/ Cremini/ oyster/ shiitake mushrooms. I took white button mushrooms. Let me tell you a little bit about mushrooms.
Some edible mushrooms are Chaga, Shiitake, White button, Cremini, Maitake, Reishi, Cordyceps, Lion’s mane, Oyster, Portobello, Turkey tail etc. All are full of fiber, vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, protein, nutrients and above all they have earthy flavor and medicinal values.
So let’s start making this very healthy recipe…..
- 1 cup white button sliced mushrooms, wiped with a damp cloth
- 1 cup asparagus, roughly chopped tips and tender parts only, thoroughly rinsed and pat dry
- 1 tablespoon onion, cut into small chunks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Heat butter or oil over medium-high heat in a frying pan.
2. Add onion and garlic, cook for 2 minutes. Then add mushrooms, cook for 2-3 minutes and then add asparagus, salt and ground black pepper. Mix well.
3. Cook approximately 12-15 minutes or till tender but crispy.
4. Turn off heat and then squeeze lemon juice.
5. Mix well and serve hot with your favorite munchies.