Are you bored of eating mushrooms in a normal way? Let’s make it stuffed and grilled which you can serve as appetizer or as side dish. You need very few ingredients for this and it is really simple to make in no time.
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms You’ll Love it!
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, stems removed, only caps
- one tablespoon of minced garlic
- one tablespoon of finely chopped onion
- one tablespoon of small diced tomato
- salt and ground black pepper
- oil for brushing or spray oil
- grated mozzarella cheese
- First of all wash thoroughly mushrooms, remove the stems ( you can use it for filling) and scoop out
- Combine garlic, onion, tomato, finely chopped mushroom stems (optional) in a bowl, mix salt and ground black pepper, keep aside
- Spray or brush oil on mushroom caps
- Put empty side of caps facing down on a tray first and grill on high for 2-3 minutes
- Take out the tray and turn the caps
- Fill the mixture of vegetables in each cap
- Put mozzarella cheese on the top of each cap
- Grill on low stuffed mushroom caps facing up for 7-8 minutes until soft or cheese melted. Time may vary
- Serve hot
So you see how simple it is to make stuffed portobello mushrooms. They are full of vitamins, nutrients and lot of protein. You can use them on burgers also for more delicious and satisfying feeling.