Hello this is Jane Brown. I have been asked many times if there is a “simple” answer to what “can I expect to happen during menopause” and if there is a way to “control what is happening”.
The answer is “Yes”. The range of severity of menopause affects each of us differently.
It is interesting to note that Asian women do not have the same symptoms as Western women as it is due to our daily diet. Asian women tend to eat a larger amount of plant estrogen – known as phytoestrogens – which seems to cut down or eliminate most annoying affects of menopause such as “hot flashes”.
The phytoestrogens, or hormone regulators, play an important role in balancing the estrogen levels in the body. When the estrogen levels increase the phytoestrogen does a balancing act and helps to reduce the affects of the hormones in your body. And at the same time, as estrogen levels decrease in the body the phytoestrogen can give your levels a natural boost.
A diet rich in phytoestrogens, as research has shown, along with supplements and a proper balanced diet, and of course exercise, can relieve the symptoms of menopause, improve your memory skills and give some aid in the prevention of heart disease.
Remember to maximize the amount of absorption:
- Limit your alcohol consumption
- Eliminate cigarettes
- After taking an antibiotic – take a supplement of probiotics
5 Natural Do’s for Controlling Menopause Systems
1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily – make sure that it is a cool drink as hot drinks may trigger hot flashes
2. Eating 3 regular meals per day is essential. A balanced diet is important for controlling energy during the day. Healthy snacks that include nuts is a good choice
3. Consuming fish at least 3 times per week is a good source of Omega 3 fatty acids which may help
4. Calcium and magnesium are an essential daily requirement. Such as milk, nuts and seeds, green leafy vegetables and whole grains
5. Plan to include at least five servings of vegetables and fruit per day which provides plenty of potassium and magnesium
5 Don’ts for Controlling Menopause Systems
1. Avoid using salt as it only causes fluid retention and this in turn promotes loss of calcium from your body. Using garlic, onion, fresh herbs or other mild spices are other potassium rich salt substitutes.
2. Avoid and eliminate all junk foods and sugar from your diet as this causes fluid retention and bloating
3. Avoid consuming caffeine rich beverages and hot spicy foods as this can lead to hot flashes, insomnia and anxiety
4. Avoid smoking and alcohol, if you can. You will notice that you will have more hot flashes and night sweats
5. Avoid consuming too much fatty foods. Try to limit your intake to small amounts of butter, and choose cold pressed oils instead. Olive oil is a good choice.
As always, it is recommended that you consult with your doctor before making a decision on how to best control your own health. I hope you have enjoyed this information and I hope to see you again as I will have more articles on this subject for you.
Take care and have a healthy day.
No action should be taken solely on its content; regardless of the perceived scientific merit, instead readers should consult health care professionals on any matter related to their health. The information obtained from referenced materials are believed to be accurate, as presented by their respective authors, but Activa Naturals assumes no liability for any personal interpretation. Readers, previous and future customers who fail to consult their Physicians prior to the purchase and subsequent use of any product, assume the risk of any adverse effects.
Information on this site is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. Activa Naturals is providing this site and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither Activa Naturals nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.